by 61 people
Balsamic Vinegar and Honey Pulled-Pork Sliders
- 1 2 1/2- 3 pound boneless pork shoulder roast
- 1 cup chopped onion (1 large)
- 3/4 cup chopped green sweet pepper (1 medium)
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1 cup balsamic vinegar
- 3/4 cup ketchup
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon Dijon-style mustard
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 20 sliders buns or small round dinner rolls, split and toasted
- Purchased deli coleslaw
- Sweet or dill pickles, coarsely chopped
- Trim fat from meat. If necessary, cut meat to fit into a 3 1/2- or 4-quart slow cooker. In the cooker combine onion and sweet pepper. Add meat; sprinkle with thyme and rosemary. Pour broth over meat.
- Cover and cook on low-heat setting for 9 to 10 hours or on high-heat setting for 4 1/2 to 5 hours.
- Meanwhile, for barbecue sauce, in a medium saucepan combine vinegar, ketchup, brown sugar, honey, Worcestershire sauce, mustard, garlic, black pepper, and salt. Bring to boiling; reduce heat. Simmer, uncovered, for 20 to 25 minutes or until slightly thickened, stirring occasionally.
- Transfer meat to a cutting board. Use two forks to pull meat apart into shreds, discarding any fat. Strain vegetable mixture, discarding liquid. Return shredded meat and vegetables to cooker. Stir in barbecue sauce. Cover and cook for 1 hour on low-heat setting.
- To serve, spoon meat mixture onto bun bottoms. Top with coleslaw and pickles. Cover with bun tops.
Nutrition Facts (Balsamic Vinegar and Honey Pulled-Pork Sliders)
Per serving: 320 kcal cal., 14 g fat (4 g sat. fat, 2 g polyunsaturated fat, 6 g monounsaturated fat), 44 mg chol., 487 mg sodium, 34 g carb., 1 g fiber, 15 g sugar, 13 g pro. Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet